To Our Members:
CHEC home exchangers agree to conduct themselves
with the highest home exchange ethics. CHEC members who follow
the CHEC Code can display the coveted CHEC logo on
their home exchange listings. CHEC members may also avail themselves
of CHEC home exchanger travel insurance including the $1,500.00 visiting exchanger damage waiver, mediation services and all other features and benefits offered by CHECtravel.
CHEC Code of Conduct t
CHEC members are respectful when communicating
with other home exchangers. This includes:
- Making sure we check the email account associated with
our exchange listing weekly.
- Replying to all home exchange inquiries, even if just to
say "no thanks".
- Limiting the number of inquiries we send per day to ten
per swap destination.
- Following up on all replies to inquiries we send.
CHEC members are honest and open about our
- Ensure our home listing description is accurate and up-to-date.
- Update our swap partners about any conditions in our home
or neighborhood which might affect them.
- Leave our home clean, secure and well-maintained.
CHEC members are trustworthy. We:
- Follow through on our exchange commitments except in cases
of true emergency.
- Do our best to make alternate arrangements for our fellow
exchangers if we must modify the exchange plans.
- Admit to any damage or breakage that occurs in the exchange
home due to our stay and offer appropriate compensation to
- Get advance permission to accommodate all members of our
exchange party and have no additional guests without permission.
CHEC members are excellent hosts, even in
absentia. To ensure our swap partners' comfort, we:
- Provide detailed instructions for caring for our homes
and/or pets and home rules in advance so our swap partners
can commit to honoring our requirements with full knowledge.
- Make our homes ready for our partners by providing fridge
space, clean sheets and towels, and all amenities promised.
- Leave emergency contact info to quickly address repairs,
emergencies and missing keys.
- Provide keys, area maps and tourism suggestions (local
attractions, restaurants and events).
- Ask our swap partners to perform as few chores as possible
and gain their explicit advance agreement to do these tasks.
CHEC members are the perfect guests. We make
- Follow all house rules.
- Treat our swap partners' home with the utmost degree of
care and responsibility.
CHEC members work to enhance the CHEC community
- Providing CHEC with feedback on problems or praise relating
to swap clubs or partners.
- Adding current CHEC member logos to
swap listings and removing logos promptly if membership
expires or is lost.