CHEC takes the worry
out of home exchange.
"We always feel safer exchanging with CHEC members."
Why You Should Join CHECtravel Today!
In addition to the exclusive Travel Guard home exchange insurance, the mediation and concierge services, you should join if you:
- Are uncomfortable about having a stranger in your
home: With CHECtravel there are no
- All CHEC members have their address verified
- All information is kept private and not shared
with other CHECtravel members.
- Each member has also agreed to abide by the
CHEC Code of Conduct as a requirement for membership.
- Are worried about the possibility of a bad exchanger:
With CHECtravel, the chances of you running into a bad exchanger
are slim. If an exchanger does not adhere to the Code
of Conduct, simply fill in our evaluation form and the issue
will be handled appropriately, with measures ranging from warnings
to expulsion. All reported issues with CHEC members will be
available upon request.
- Want to make sure you and your exchange partner agree
to terms of the trade: Use our interactive agreement
- Want to know which home exchange club to join:
CHECtravel home exchange agencies (pictured below)all adhere
to the industry's most stringent Standards
and Practices. CHEC assures this by maintaining an invitation
- Want to know which clubs to avoid: In the
CHECtravel member area, the Join at Your Own Risk section has
information on clubs that have practiced unethical behavior
and if they still continue to do so.
- Need help solving exchange problems: If problems
should arise with your exchange partner or club, CHEC provides
moderated chats and third party mediation
services designed to expedite a solution in most situations.
In the rare case that the problem cannot be solved using CHEC
methods, we provide referrals to outside mediation services.
- Love to save money: CHECtravel is working
with our many vendors to offer discounts and rebates to our