CHECtravel proudly announces the first and only travel insurance plan exclusively for the home exchanger: Travel Guard’s Home Exchange Protection Plan. The policy can be purchased with any home exchange, whether driving to the exchange home or flying.
Coverage starts at just $15 and is 5.3% of your total non-refundable expenses. The policy covers all members of the insured exchange party. Trips must originate in the US or Canada.
There is no deductible and no age differential. Benefits include:
Trip Cancellation & Interruption (Maximum of $10,000 per booking)
- Reimbursement for prepaid travel arrangements, including airfare, if the home exchanger must cancel or interrupt the exchange for any of the following unforeseen reasons:
- Sickness, Injury, or death of an Insured, Immediate Family Member, Traveling Companion, or Business Partner.
- Sickness, Injury or death of the Exchange Partner. A Physician must certify the Injury or Sickness
- Inclement Weather conditions causing delay or cancellation of travel
- The Insured’s principal residence or destination being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, or similar Natural Disaster, vandalism, or burglary
- Insured being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, hijacked, or quarantined
- Insured being involved in or delayed due to an automobile accident en route to departure
- Strike, resulting in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or Destination
- A Terrorist Incident in a City listed on the Insured’s itinerary within 30 days of the Insured’s scheduled arrival.
$ 1,500 Home Exchange Damage Waiver
- Coverage for damage caused by the insured exchanger at the residence of the insured’s home exchange partner
- The Insured will be reimbursed for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to the Maximum Limit
$ 500 Trip Delay ($100 maximum per day)
- Reimburses for reasonable additional expenses if an Insured is delayed for 12 or more hours due to:
- Carrier caused delay
- Lost or stolen passport, travel documents, or money
- Natural Disaster
- Injury or Sickness of the Insured or Traveling Companion.
$ 1,000 Baggage & Personal Effects Including Loss, Theft or Damage to:
- Passports and visas
- Loss due to unauthorized use of the Insured’s credit cards
$ 100 Baggage Delay
- Reimburses for the purchase necessary personal effects if baggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours from the time the Insured arrives at the Destination
$ 20,000 Medical Expense
- If insurance is purchased with initial Trip payment, the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion will be waived.
- The Insurer will pay the Insured’s Reasonable and Customary Charges incurred for medical and surgical services, treatments, or supplies.
- The Insurer will pay emergency dental treatment during a Trip
- The Insurer will pay for covered medical expenses incurred by the Insured for up to year after the date of Injury or Sickness provided initial treatment was received during the Trip while coverage is in effect.
$ 50,000 Emergency Medical Transportation includes:
- The Insurer will pay for Reasonable and Customary Charges for medical services required for evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility or home if medically required. This service will be arranged only if the Insured’s Physician determines that evacuation is necessary
- Reasonable and necessary charges for escort expenses required by Insured, if the Insured is disabled during a Trip, and an escort is recommended, in writing, by the attending Physician;
- Reasonable and necessary charges for services for transportation of the Insured’s remains to his/her city of burial if he/she dies during a Trip
Included Travel Guard Assist
- This is an assistance benefit
- Reasons an insured might call Travel Guard Assist for assistance include:
- Lost passport or travel documents
- Assistance with lost baggage
- Emergency cash transfers
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Flight rebooking
- Roadside assistance
- Prescription replacement
- Physician/hospital/dental/vision referrals
- Coordinating medical transportation
- and more
- To contact Travel Guard Assist:
- Call 866.364.7630 when calling from the U.S., or
- Call 715.295.5452 when calling from abroad
Please refer to the plan (008471 p1 12/08) Description of coverage full coverage details.
Benefits are payable up to the amount of coverage in the insurance policy provided through TRAVEL GUARD®. Failure to call TRAVEL GUARD® Assist may invalidate any payments applicable on your claim. TGA shall not be responsible for the availability, quality, or results of any medical treatment or the failure of the insured person to obtain medical treatment.
Read about the many other CHECtravel membership benefits here.
To become a CHECtravel member at the special introductory price of $15 use discount code chc on the second page of the entry form. Contact us with any questions.